You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change remove existing Apple Music subscription so I can join a family plan?

I cancel my current Apple subscription and want to join the family plan with my parents. But since my cancelled plan doesn’t technically end for another week it won’t let me. How to deactivate this remaining period to join the family plan now?

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 8:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 7:42 AM

I am puzzled by you having to cancel it. Apple says here Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support -->

"If someone in the family group already has an individual or student subscription to Apple Music, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the family group."

If you need a subscription canceled immediately you need to contact Apple and ask them to do that.

Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 3, 2021 7:42 AM in response to TRAVMAAN1982

I am puzzled by you having to cancel it. Apple says here Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support -->

"If someone in the family group already has an individual or student subscription to Apple Music, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the family group."

If you need a subscription canceled immediately you need to contact Apple and ask them to do that.

Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Sep 26, 2021 4:53 AM in response to Limnos

so I have questions about this. I was going to pay for a family apple one plan starting today but my wife forgot to cancel her subscription yesterday so it auto renewed for next month. If I start the new family plan I understand her individual plan will be canceled but my question is will she be refunded for her plan or not? Cause if she doesn’t get refunded I’d rather wait until her new subscription is done

How to change remove existing Apple Music subscription so I can join a family plan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.