Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS Exchange with two-step login

On my companies website it says, "Caution: If you're interested in using Two-Step Login for Office 365, please note that it doesn't work with Apple's Mail and Calendar on macOS; it only works with those apps on iOS." Is there anyone who knows of a workaround for this? Also, can anyone tell me why the iOS and iPad OS works but not the Mac app? Are there any plans to rectify this issue? Two-factor authentication is becoming more popular. I would hope Apple will fix this soon.

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 7:46 AM

I would hope Apple will fix this soon.

Apple can't "fix" it. Microsoft would need to do that.

Mobile devices are allowed to use Exchange Active Sync (EAS). Desktop devices must use Exchange Web Services (EWS) because Microsoft does not license EAS for use on Desktop devices.

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 3, 2021 7:01 AM in response to scburg66

http://www.outlook.com supports two factor authentication for Office 365. You can also get Office 365 professional for the Mac for that support. Because Microsoft makes the stand alone version of Outlook paid on the Mac OS version, and not on the iOS version, the company may not be desiring to setup the Azure account to support either stand alone Outlook for the Mac, or PC. An E3 license will support it.

MS Exchange with two-step login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.