Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to show a slideshow because I have used the Print Shop with iPhotos. Any help?

Help with slideshow. The Print Shop was used in preparing photos and it is not recognized by the iMac. Thus, I am unable to do a slideshow.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 7:21 AM

iPhoto has not really been supported since 10.10.3.

As for PrintShop, you'll want to get a registered copy of the software to be able to show the slideshows created with it.

https://www.mackiev.com/printshop4/ is available for 10.13 and 10.14. 10.15 and later aren't listed as supported, so don't upgrade to 10.15 or later until you can find a counterpart.

You may want to see if Printshop can save your slideshow to Quicktime, or Open Quicktime Player to record a screen video before bringing it over to 10.15 or later.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2021 7:21 AM in response to ejay1

iPhoto has not really been supported since 10.10.3.

As for PrintShop, you'll want to get a registered copy of the software to be able to show the slideshows created with it.

https://www.mackiev.com/printshop4/ is available for 10.13 and 10.14. 10.15 and later aren't listed as supported, so don't upgrade to 10.15 or later until you can find a counterpart.

You may want to see if Printshop can save your slideshow to Quicktime, or Open Quicktime Player to record a screen video before bringing it over to 10.15 or later.

Sep 3, 2021 8:37 AM in response to a brody

People have been posting that PrintShop 5 has been made available for Big Sur, and according to those posts, it is horrible, and may not provide support for PrintShop document formats from earlier versions.

The question is whether the OP is actually on macOS Catalina or Big Sur, where neither PrintShop 4 nor iPhoto is supported. I take profiles with a grain of salt.

I am unable to show a slideshow because I have used the Print Shop with iPhotos. Any help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.