Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is no low battery alert

There is no low battery alert for my mouse and key board. Is there any way to correct this problem?

iMac 24″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 12:53 PM

No. We're expected to manually check every so often and plug them in overnight. Low battery alerts are only on laptops and portables.

Tell Apple what missing features you'd like restored or new features added to the system via Feedback - macOS - Apple.  

Similar questions

5 replies

Sep 3, 2021 1:16 PM in response to Bartz1951

It takes a few seconds to check the battery status on both the keyboard and mouse. If the Bluetooth icon is showing on your menu in the upper right of the screen click it and the percentage of battery left will show. If you don't have that icon showing it is simple to add it. Open System Preferences - Bluetooth and look for the checkbox that asks if you want to display it.

I check mine about 1x every 2 weeks, note that everyone's batteries will run down at different rates based on the amount of use it gets. So if you are in front of your computer 8 hours a day and are constantly using keyboard and mouse your battery will run down faster than someone that is front of their computer 1/2 that time.

Sep 3, 2021 1:47 PM in response to Bartz1951

If you periodically click on the Bluetooth icon on your menu extras panel, or in the Control Center, you will see the remaining battery percentage for your Apple Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Keyboard. The latter can recharge as you continue to use it while it is connected with the recharging cable that came with it to a power source (e.g. hub, etc.).

There is no low battery alert

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.