Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Multiple Monitors on M1 Mac mini

I have an M1 Mac mini and I plan on using two displays with it (an ultra wide monitor and I'd like to have one more display above it for dual monitoring). I'm curious about what would be the best way to use two displays with it? I've noticed that the M1 Mac mini doesn't have as many connection ports as the original mini. What would be a good choice here?

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 8:30 PM

You must connect one display to the HDMI Port and one display to a Thunderbolt/USB 4 port.

for details; see > https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-mini/connect-a-display-apd8e4fbbb97/mac

3 replies

Sep 4, 2021 11:44 AM in response to den.thed

@den.thed Thanks! So...I'm a music producer and I need more thunderbolt ports for my external hard drives. Would it be healthy for the connection if I bought a thunderbolt hub to extend one (of the two) available thunderbolt ports on the M1 Mac mini (for drives, etc.), and the other port could be used for the second display? I'm asking this because I know hubs can cause connectivity issues sometimes, but it seems like it's the only choice I have because the M1 Mac mini only has two thunderbolt ports?

Using Multiple Monitors on M1 Mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.