Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I connect 2 displays to my M1 Mac Book Air

How can I connect 2 displays to my M1 Mac Book Air as we have been advised that we can't do this with the M1 Mac Book Air hardware configuration.

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 1:31 PM

ghidorah777 wrote:

How can I connect 2 displays to my M1 Mac Book Air as we have been advised that we can't do this with the M1 Mac Book Air hardware configuration.

The M1 MacBook Air supports one external display:

MacBook Air with M1 chip - Tech Specs - Apple

"Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:

• One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz"

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2023 1:31 PM in response to ghidorah777

ghidorah777 wrote:

The M1 MacBook Air supports one external display:

MacBook Air with M1 chip - Tech Specs - Apple

"Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:

• One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz"

Feb 27, 2023 2:02 PM in response to jeffreythefrog

Adding an adapter allows physical connection of more than one external display but the MacBook Air still only supports a single external display. The adapter allows physical connection of more displays to a single Mac port. This results in reduced quality and performance to the connected displays which will not perform to the Mac's specs.

How can I connect 2 displays to my M1 Mac Book Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.