Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sleep mode not turning off automatically

Ever since I upgraded to my Apple Watch 6, sleep mode doesn’t turn off automatically in the mornings after I turn it off on my phone (I turn it off on my phone before putting on the watch). Sleep mode turns on/off just fine from my phone with the watch on my wrist. Am I missing a setting? I already tried to reboot phone and watch to no avail.

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 8:00 AM

Hello apfelkopf,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, Sleep mode is not turning off automatically until you put the Apple Watch on you wrist. We'd like to help!

According to the article below, the watch must be on your wrist in order for Sleep mode to stop automatically.

Track your sleep on Apple Watch and use Sleep on iPhone

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2021 8:00 AM in response to apfelkopf

Hello apfelkopf,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, Sleep mode is not turning off automatically until you put the Apple Watch on you wrist. We'd like to help!

According to the article below, the watch must be on your wrist in order for Sleep mode to stop automatically.

Track your sleep on Apple Watch and use Sleep on iPhone

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Sleep mode not turning off automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.