Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"No video capture device found."

I am using a 16" MacBook Pro, 2019, and running Big Sur 11.5.2.

Recently my camera seemed to just disappear from the computer and I had to purchase one so I could work.

I have attempted the fixes that IO could find like resetting SMC, restarting, reinstalling, etc, but to no effect.

It is gone. Does anyone know how to get the camera back? Please help!

Thank you,

Dan

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 4:33 PM

I thank you for this information and having now also reset NVRAM/PRAM, and my settings still showing that there is no camera, it is a hardware setting and I will attempt to set an appointment with Apple!

Thank you, this answered my question.

Dan

2 replies

Sep 4, 2021 4:07 PM in response to DanPeters

DanPeters wrote:

I am using a 16" MacBook Pro, 2019, and running Big Sur 11.5.2.

Recently my camera seemed to just disappear from the computer and I had to purchase one so I could work.

I have attempted the fixes that IO could find like resetting SMC, restarting, reinstalling, etc, but to no effect.

It is gone. Does anyone know how to get the camera back? Please help!
Thank you,
Dan

The Face time Camera has to be recognized by the system...

>(Option key)System Information>Hardware Camera (?)

If not you have a hardware failure....

If external camera —you can try Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

"No video capture device found."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.