Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPort Extreme tower flashing orange after a household power outage. Mr. Timmons & LaPastenague engaged me on this earlier

Mr. Timmons & LaPastenague,

On 8/12/2021 and again on 9/5/21

The Extreme unit went orange after a household power outage.

I went to AirPort Extreme/Edit/Internet/Connect using: DHCP

I selected "Static", then reselected DHCP - this caused the 'Update' button to go active. I clicked Update and in the process the green light that was lit for Internet went orange for 30 seconds then came back green and the update continued and then the Extreme icon in AirPort App. and the Extreme unit went green.

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 12:50 PM

Excellent.. but your Extreme is starting to die.. and it does need replacement as it will do the same thing now on every cold boot.. i.e. from power off.. it will only get rid of the error on a warm boot. i.e. from update.

3 replies

Sep 6, 2021 1:57 PM in response to frederick d fromOH

Apple built the Gen6 Airport Extreme using a brand new chipset cf the older Gen1-5. So it really was a totally new design. Unfortunately Apple never released a second gen of the new chipset boards with all the bugs fixed up. They produced the same one from 2013 to 2018 and declared Airports defunct from that time.

Just go and buy new wireless router.. mesh is the go now and Apple Stores sell the Linksys Velop model so that might give you a clue what to go for.

AirPort Extreme tower flashing orange after a household power outage. Mr. Timmons & LaPastenague engaged me on this earlier

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.