Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant change the order of songs on the Playing Next feature

I'm a DJ and I use the Playing Next feature for every party and wedding reception that I play. Until recently when I updated to Big Sur, I can't change or rearrange some songs on my playlist in the Playing Next feature. Some songs I can move but a lot of them I can't. At first it seemed it was only the songs that I didn't have artwork for because they were from a previous music library, but that wasn't the case. This is the most infuriating thing I have encountered. I simply don't understand how something so easy and common as this hasn't been fixed through a patch or update. Do better Apple.

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 2:33 PM

Did you try the steps in the 'Edit a playlist\' section of:

Create, edit, and delete playlists in Music on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies

Sep 13, 2021 11:54 AM in response to denimdeezo

Do you mean that you're trying to drag and drop songs in a playlist to change the order they play, but they won't move to where you want to play them? Or is it only while using the "playing next" feature that you can't move them?

I have been having a similar issue with playlists (I don't use "playing next," though). When trying to rearrange songs in a playlist, I try to drag and drop, but the song seems to "stick" in its position, and sometimes it takes me three or five tries to get it to move. Very frustrating.

I've tried while music is playing and when it isn't. I've drag-and-dropped using a trackpad and a mouse. all of that appears to make no difference.

I'm using Music 1.0.6.10 on a 2015 MBP running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H1323).

Cant change the order of songs on the Playing Next feature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.