Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do i do if i spilt water on my macbook and now my keyboard is typing weird letters and symbols every time i try to type me password.

What do i do if i spilt water on my macbook and now my keyboard is typing weird letters and symbols every time i try to type me password. I already tried to restart it so it won’t let me log back in.

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 1:13 PM

Chances are good that water entered into your notebook. I suggest that you immediately stop using it and power it down to prevent any further damage. Then pay a visit to either the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options. Whatever, you do, don't waste your time placing the notebook into rice or any other form of desiccant as this potentially will cause more issues than resolve them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2021 1:13 PM in response to jazlyn216

Chances are good that water entered into your notebook. I suggest that you immediately stop using it and power it down to prevent any further damage. Then pay a visit to either the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options. Whatever, you do, don't waste your time placing the notebook into rice or any other form of desiccant as this potentially will cause more issues than resolve them.

What do i do if i spilt water on my macbook and now my keyboard is typing weird letters and symbols every time i try to type me password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.