Why are my MacBook keys malfunctioning?

Basically what’s happening is most of my keys aren’t working, other then letters and numbers

For example space bar is ] and so are all of my arrow keys, delete is enter and ‘ an hour ago I spilled some water onto it, is that the reason why it’s affected. Am I also able to fix this myself or do I have to Apple tech support? The reason why this photo is here is because before this was happening I spilled some water onto area, is this the reason why it was affected?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.6

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 9:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 2:24 AM

Water is corrosive and can seriously damage your internals causing all sorts of performance issue up to and including complete failure..

We cannot deal with this; you must get it to Apple for evaluation. Physical damage must be dealt with by Apple with a hands-on examination.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2023 2:24 AM in response to rhin131

Water is corrosive and can seriously damage your internals causing all sorts of performance issue up to and including complete failure..

We cannot deal with this; you must get it to Apple for evaluation. Physical damage must be dealt with by Apple with a hands-on examination.

Why are my MacBook keys malfunctioning?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.