MacBook Pro keys stop working because of a water spill

About 2 weeks ago, I was working and my glass of water spilled on some of the keys. I wiped it up then I unattached the cords plugged in the MacBook. And then kept using the MacBook thinking nothing was wrong. And then started to try and fix it just a few days ago. And now more keys stopped working. How do I fix the MacBook Pro quickly

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 5:42 PM

How do I fix the MacBook Pro quickly

There is no quick fix. The computer needs professional service and possibly even replacement. Many notebook computers never recover from a spill incident.Spill damage tends to be progressive, getting worse as the liquid has most time to affect delicate internal parts.

In the meantime, you can try attaching a USB keyboard and see if you can muddle through with that.

If you have homeowners'/renters' insurance, put them on notice immediately of a potential total loss. Many such policies cover accidental damage. That may be the only financial relief you get, subject to the usual deductible, of course.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2023 5:42 PM in response to malikjr998

How do I fix the MacBook Pro quickly

There is no quick fix. The computer needs professional service and possibly even replacement. Many notebook computers never recover from a spill incident.Spill damage tends to be progressive, getting worse as the liquid has most time to affect delicate internal parts.

In the meantime, you can try attaching a USB keyboard and see if you can muddle through with that.

If you have homeowners'/renters' insurance, put them on notice immediately of a potential total loss. Many such policies cover accidental damage. That may be the only financial relief you get, subject to the usual deductible, of course.

MacBook Pro keys stop working because of a water spill

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.