Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet Accounts will not let me add my Facebook account

I just upgraded to High Sierra and I have several problems (always occurs after an update), but one that is really frustrating me is that I have been trying to add my Facebook account for use with iCal, but I cannot get it to accept my user name or password. The message I get is "unable to verify account name or password". I am using the same password on my iPad and iPhone with no problems. I have tried various account names (email, user name, full website link), deleted all KeyChain passwords. Nothing is working! I noticed that several people have had the same problem in the past, but no one has seemed to come up with a solution. So, I am opening this up again for another try.

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 11:48 AM

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

To find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Users & Groups, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does it work in the new account?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2021 11:48 AM in response to rebeccakw

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

To find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Users & Groups, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does it work in the new account?

Internet Accounts will not let me add my Facebook account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.