Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Stopped synching Documents & Desktop

My MacBook Pro synched just fine with Windows 10. Now Documents and Desktops don't sync. Photos and contacts still sync just fine. I've tried it on www.iclould.com and iCloud for Windows. I've checked "iCloud" on iCloud for Windows and rebooted. Catalina 10.15.7 Windows 20H2 19042.1165. This was working for years and up to June, 2021.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 1:22 PM

I had already done all that before I posted the first time. Turned out something was blocking the upload to iCloud on my Mac. So, I made a backup up copy of the Documents and Desktop that should have been in iCloud. Then I deleted all files from iCloud and Mac Desktop & Document files. I put the backup copies into the now empty Mac Desktop & Documents folders. They then uploaded to iCloud. Tada!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2021 1:22 PM in response to barberlives123

I had already done all that before I posted the first time. Turned out something was blocking the upload to iCloud on my Mac. So, I made a backup up copy of the Documents and Desktop that should have been in iCloud. Then I deleted all files from iCloud and Mac Desktop & Document files. I put the backup copies into the now empty Mac Desktop & Documents folders. They then uploaded to iCloud. Tada!

iCloud Stopped synching Documents & Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.