Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot stream the downloaded movie that I purchased

To begin let me start by saying I’m new to all of this… meaning that my level of experience is what I’m sure that most would rate in the negative digits.

Having said that, you’ll have to excuse my technical terminology lol.

I just recently purchased and downloaded my first movie on Apple TV. I did purchase it and downloaded it with the app on my iPhone XR without any problems. Everything went smoothly as it should. But now when trying to watch the movie on my ROKU, I cannot seem to get it to play. All it does is show the little buffering circle in the middle of the screen and then finally shows a message saying that “this video is t formatted to be screened”.

Any help with advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

coumtry_stateofmind

3930RW,

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 9:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 2:11 PM

If your issue is still unresolved, then contact the iTunes Store staff for their assistance.

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 6, 2021 8:16 AM in response to country_stateofmind

Is this regarding a content purchase (not subscription content) through the Apple TV app or iTunes Store app?

Content from different apps or services are not iTunes Store content, and will need to be handled differently.

It is not needed to download content first. It is not needed to buy through iPhone (either way should be fine though). You can buy and stream directly on Roku from the Apple TV app.

I’m sorry to hear that your introduction to the iTunes Store (if that is what is was) wasn’t as smooth as it should be.

I cannot stream the downloaded movie that I purchased

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.