Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mouse (A1296) scrolling stops intermittently

I am using an apple mouse (a1296) (not the new magic mouse), and with an M1 Mac Mini. The problem listed below was also with my old macbook air 2013 in closed lid clamshell mode.

The issue is that scrolling (like a webpage) stops intermittently. So, I'm on a safari page and scolling is working fine. I'm reading through the content and after a minute i have to scroll down further. But there is no response. The mouse pointer moves just fine. To get it scrolling again I have to left click and then I am able to scroll through.

And all this while I am in safari itself. That is, the click is not to highlight safari again. Its already in foreground.

What could be wrong?

Neerav

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 11:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 11:45 PM

AceNeerav Said:

"Apple Mouse (A1296) scrolling stops intermittently: I am using an apple mouse (a1296) (not the new magic mouse), and with an M1 Mac Mini. The problem listed below was also with my old macbook air 2013 in closed lid clamshell mode. The issue is that scrolling (like a webpage) stops intermittently. [...]What could be wrong?"

-------

Reset the Bluetooth Module:

See if Bluetooth is getting in the way here.  Bluetooth may be in a constant loop of not being able to connect.  Go Here: Use "Reset the Bluetooth module" to Fix Constant Bluetooth Disconnections - User Tips

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2021 11:45 PM in response to AceNeerav

AceNeerav Said:

"Apple Mouse (A1296) scrolling stops intermittently: I am using an apple mouse (a1296) (not the new magic mouse), and with an M1 Mac Mini. The problem listed below was also with my old macbook air 2013 in closed lid clamshell mode. The issue is that scrolling (like a webpage) stops intermittently. [...]What could be wrong?"

-------

Reset the Bluetooth Module:

See if Bluetooth is getting in the way here.  Bluetooth may be in a constant loop of not being able to connect.  Go Here: Use "Reset the Bluetooth module" to Fix Constant Bluetooth Disconnections - User Tips

Apple Mouse (A1296) scrolling stops intermittently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.