Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i upgrade macbook pro (15-inch, Mid 2010) from Yosemite to Sierra 10.12

Please help, how can i upgrade my Macbook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010) from Yosemite to Sierra 10.12 since i am unable to use thunderbird and bitanami Wordpress

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 7:29 AM

Suggest you consider High Sierra 10.13 instead. It is a very stable macOS release and the highest your computer can run.

You can find Apple links to old versions of Mac system software in this support document:

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

Be sure to use Safari for any downloads—FireFox is not working for these files for some unknown reason.

⚠️ Always completely back up your hard drive to an external device before ANY system upgrade.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2021 7:29 AM in response to fycelsayeed

Suggest you consider High Sierra 10.13 instead. It is a very stable macOS release and the highest your computer can run.

You can find Apple links to old versions of Mac system software in this support document:

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

Be sure to use Safari for any downloads—FireFox is not working for these files for some unknown reason.

⚠️ Always completely back up your hard drive to an external device before ANY system upgrade.

how can i upgrade macbook pro (15-inch, Mid 2010) from Yosemite to Sierra 10.12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.