Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

video skimming not working in Browser of FCP

Hello, everyone,

My video skimming in FCP (version 10.5.4) is not working in the Browser (Media Library). It works in the Timeline but not in the Browser. It usually works right when I open FCP but when I click on anything in the Timeline it will only allow me to skim the Timeline. The skimming will no longer work in the Browser unless I restart FCP. The audio skimming always works but not the video. It's very frustrating and I have no idea how to fix it.

Just to be clear, the video skimming button at the lower right of the screen is always turned on (highlighted blue) so that's not the issue. Clicking that off and back on doesn't do anything. Again, the audio skimming always works.

This problem started a few iOS versions back. I thought it would get fixed with the next update but it never has. Because it has persisted for the past few versions (updates) I don't think uninstalling and reinstalling FCP would make a difference, but I'm not a computer wiz.

I can try to provide a video to help explain the problem if it's needed.

I'm using a 2020 Retina 5K 27" iMac running iOS 11.2.3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 8:15 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

video skimming not working in Browser of FCP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.