Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Colour fading

My iphone 12 (blue) ‘s colour is getting faded and it has just been 7 months. I have been very protective with my iphone . I have protected everything by toughens and transparent film (even the camera) except the side frame. And that’s where my blue aluminium frame’s colour is fading.

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 12:00 PM

Cosmetic damage is not covered, this is how apple will classify this as. it is strongly suggested to use a apple certified case to prevent such damage.

Cosmetic damage is damage that does not affect the functionality of a device, though Apple's definition of this may differ from the user's. Because it does not affect a device's functionality, cosmetic damage is not covered by the warranty

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2021 12:00 PM in response to mananvadaliya2512

Cosmetic damage is not covered, this is how apple will classify this as. it is strongly suggested to use a apple certified case to prevent such damage.

Cosmetic damage is damage that does not affect the functionality of a device, though Apple's definition of this may differ from the user's. Because it does not affect a device's functionality, cosmetic damage is not covered by the warranty

Oct 16, 2021 11:42 AM in response to khajotia

Same problem here, mine is blue. Bought 4 months ago already having this problem. In a protective case since day 0. If this phone was 200 € phone I would accept that response but it’s a 900 € device. If I pay that kind of money I expect to have a quality device. Had a Samsung S10 for two years and never had such problem. I guess this is my last iPhone. Just hope that I don’t have any problem with any of the MacBooks Pro here at home and need to send them to warranty.

Oct 16, 2021 12:22 PM in response to Amr0th

I agree with you, thats a lot of money and apple should take ownership. However, like I mentioned earlier cosmetic damage is unfortunately not covered under warranty. Its sad even after using a case you still have to face this problem.

Again apple says Cosmetic damage is damage that does not affect the functionality of a device, though Apple's definition of this may differ from the user's. Because it does not affect a device's functionality, cosmetic damage is not covered by the warranty.

Colour fading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.