Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with audio sync

Hi

I have created a project filmed in 4k and 60 fps and are editing on the latest MacBook Pro. 

I’ve put some effort in trying to make the sync between the audio and videoclips perfect cut to the beat at some parts.

It looks and sounds really good in the project, but when I export it’s not cut the the beat anymore. It’s a small delay of maybe one or two frames in the exported masterfile.

I have tried to play the files in Quicktime and VLC on the mac.

I tried exporting in:

Video and audio: Apple ProRes 422

H.264

What can the issue be and how can I solve it?

Grateful for help!

/ Erik

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 4:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 12:18 PM

Not sure if this is your issue, but as Meg The Dog says, how you monitor can make a difference. If you were editing with bluetooth speakers or headphones, the audio will be slightly delayed. If you change your timeline so it sounds correct, it can be slightly out of sync when played through built-in speakers.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2021 12:18 PM in response to Meg The Dog

Not sure if this is your issue, but as Meg The Dog says, how you monitor can make a difference. If you were editing with bluetooth speakers or headphones, the audio will be slightly delayed. If you change your timeline so it sounds correct, it can be slightly out of sync when played through built-in speakers.

Problem with audio sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.