Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X Synchronize Clips Greyed Out

Hi! I am trying to synchronize audio and video clips in Final Cut Pro X but the options to Synchronize Clips is greyed out.

The video is from a Sony ZV-1 and the audio is from an audio interface connected to my Macbook Pro, recording in QuickTime.

The clips line up perfectly if I do it manually but this is very frustrating because the Synchronize Clips option is so convenient.

Any ideas? I updated all my software.

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 4:56 PM

You can’t sync the clips inside the project. They have to be in the browser. You sync them there, and they are combined into a sync clip, which is edited into the project. Select the clip with the playhead over it and press ⇧ F. This will place a copy in the browser.

If you’re importing with drag and drop it’s always best to drag to an event in the browser first, and make a selection there to edit into the project.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2022 4:56 PM in response to MikeSuperX1

You can’t sync the clips inside the project. They have to be in the browser. You sync them there, and they are combined into a sync clip, which is edited into the project. Select the clip with the playhead over it and press ⇧ F. This will place a copy in the browser.

If you’re importing with drag and drop it’s always best to drag to an event in the browser first, and make a selection there to edit into the project.

Final Cut Pro X Synchronize Clips Greyed Out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.