Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving verification texts from apps on iPhone 12 pro

I am not able to receive verification texts on my iPhone 12 Pro. I have gone into settings and I don’t have messages filtered, I don’t have any numbers blocked and I have restarted my phone. Still no luck. Help?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 4:48 AM

I had been experiencing the same problem off and on for almost 2 years. It started while I was using an android and gradually got worse. When i finally went back to using iOS thought it might solve the problem instead it got worse. In speaking to multiple people found that larger phone companies are starting to do away with short codes due to the fact that they are being reused by different companies at the same time going through basically the same delivery process. So in turn ATT started and basically did away with them and tmoble is following close behind. I ha to call the phone provider and ask them to reenable it. So far so good but came with downside. Now I am starting to get more and more spam and robo calls so might want to talk to them about specifics basically I solved one issue and ended up with another. Not sure if it’s a coincidence or not but I also recently got all of my information hacked. Hopefully this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2021 4:48 AM in response to Mballah

I had been experiencing the same problem off and on for almost 2 years. It started while I was using an android and gradually got worse. When i finally went back to using iOS thought it might solve the problem instead it got worse. In speaking to multiple people found that larger phone companies are starting to do away with short codes due to the fact that they are being reused by different companies at the same time going through basically the same delivery process. So in turn ATT started and basically did away with them and tmoble is following close behind. I ha to call the phone provider and ask them to reenable it. So far so good but came with downside. Now I am starting to get more and more spam and robo calls so might want to talk to them about specifics basically I solved one issue and ended up with another. Not sure if it’s a coincidence or not but I also recently got all of my information hacked. Hopefully this helps.

Not receiving verification texts from apps on iPhone 12 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.