Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bookmark Inside an Email

Is there not a way to bookmark to other parts of my Mac Mail composed email? I use an index for my longer professional emails and would like to provide recipients the option to click on an index item in order to be taken directly to that part of the email.

If there is not this option, how do I go about suggesting it for future iterations?

Joanne Coniam’s 16" MacBookPro, MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 9:36 AM

Not a feature of Apple Mail.

Apple's Pages word processing application allows you to establish bookmarks to other areas of the Pages document and these are preserved when exported to PDF. Professionally, I never sent long emails, but rather a concise executive overview with either a PDF or Word document attached. I do not recommend sending a Pages document attachment to anyone in a corporate setting.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2021 9:36 AM in response to CoCoJoe8

Not a feature of Apple Mail.

Apple's Pages word processing application allows you to establish bookmarks to other areas of the Pages document and these are preserved when exported to PDF. Professionally, I never sent long emails, but rather a concise executive overview with either a PDF or Word document attached. I do not recommend sending a Pages document attachment to anyone in a corporate setting.

Sep 7, 2021 9:57 AM in response to VikingOSX

Thanks for the prompt reply.

My emails are concise, but my members are busy. The index provides them the opportunity to skim for what they want. If I break things up into separate emails, their inbox becomes too overwhelming. Unfortunately, PDF attachments are just another opportunity for readers to skip the content altogether. These are VERY busy people, but some of the content is urgent (some of what it is not urgent has been much appreciated by the recipients, but is also my obligation to share).

Sep 7, 2021 10:11 AM in response to CoCoJoe8

My email recipients during my Professional life were employer and customer executive vice-presidents, presidents, CEO, business owners, etc. Also busy recipients. I knew how to compress the vital communication into one or two short paragraphs, usually leading with what I knew they wanted to see first. The decision to attach other documents to these emails was decided on a case-by-case scenario, and at times, I simply offered the availability of more detail if the recipient chose to request it.

In your case, Apple Mail is not the right tool for your purposes, and I have no idea about any Mail client that can meet your requirements.

Bookmark Inside an Email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.