Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sync adjusted time from Photos on Mac and Photos in iPhone

Hello. I am doing a huge scan/import project of all my very old family photos. I want to keep them in chronological order of when the photo was actually taken, not when there were scanned. I am adjusting them in the photo app on my MacBook Air running OS Mojave version 10.14.6, using Photos version 4.0. I am optimizing storage on my phone by storing my files in iCloud Photos.

My question is: why are some recently scanned photos, whose dates I have changed on my MacBook, still showing up on my phone Photos among my recently taken photos? And how can I fix this problem??

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 12:44 PM

Hi

Are you syncing both the mac and the phone with iCloud?

And is your mac photos library set to be the system library?

Go to preferneces in photos and check that the circled button is greyed out. If not, click it.

In the iCloud tab check it is as shown.

If everything looks ok, check the sync status at the bottom of the all photos view. If it is still ongoing, you will need to wait until it is complete before all data is updated on the phone.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2021 12:44 PM in response to Melinda Lyons

Hi

Are you syncing both the mac and the phone with iCloud?

And is your mac photos library set to be the system library?

Go to preferneces in photos and check that the circled button is greyed out. If not, click it.

In the iCloud tab check it is as shown.

If everything looks ok, check the sync status at the bottom of the all photos view. If it is still ongoing, you will need to wait until it is complete before all data is updated on the phone.

How to sync adjusted time from Photos on Mac and Photos in iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.