Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri remote not pairing

My Apple TV tells me to bring the remote closer when it is as close as possible. Ive tried restarting, bringing it closer, resetting the system, and updating (which I cannot do without a remote - iPhone remote not an option due to different network)

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 5:30 AM

Charge the remote for half an hour to make sure it has enough energy to function as intended.

Keep other bluetooth devices away during the pairing procedure (e.g. no phone in your pocket).

The ultimate closeness is to lay the Siri Remote on top of the Apple TV box (but that wasn’t necessary when I did it).

If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2021 5:30 AM in response to CeCeMcQ

Charge the remote for half an hour to make sure it has enough energy to function as intended.

Keep other bluetooth devices away during the pairing procedure (e.g. no phone in your pocket).

The ultimate closeness is to lay the Siri Remote on top of the Apple TV box (but that wasn’t necessary when I did it).

If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

Siri remote not pairing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.