Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air a2337 startup noise

when I go to settings and turn off startup sound the computer turns it back on by itself.

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 12:53 PM

Make sure you are updated to the most recent version of macOS. The current version is 11.5.2.

A couple of earlier versions of macOS had an issue where the Startup Sound setting did not retain the what it was changed to.

For example: if the setting was unchecked, checking it would simply revert to unchecked...as well as if the setting was checked, unchecking it would revert to it being checked.

I had this issue as well and updating to the newest version (at that time) corrected it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2021 12:53 PM in response to 123bhai

Make sure you are updated to the most recent version of macOS. The current version is 11.5.2.

A couple of earlier versions of macOS had an issue where the Startup Sound setting did not retain the what it was changed to.

For example: if the setting was unchecked, checking it would simply revert to unchecked...as well as if the setting was checked, unchecking it would revert to it being checked.

I had this issue as well and updating to the newest version (at that time) corrected it.

MacBook Air a2337 startup noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.