Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anybody dealt with error code 4010?

The Apple listing of potential error codes doesn't list this one

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 3:50 PM

I tried all the resource items mentioned above. The only solution was to take the phone to an Apple Store and get them to restore and update the phone using their computer (the PC didn't work - after several hours!). The phone only had iOS 12.3.x on it - so maybe an issue(?). Going to the Apple store is a big deal as it is a 5 hour round-trip drive.

There are two positives: the Apple support people spent several hours with me trying to get a solution (and finally recommended the Apple store), and the Apple store had me up and running in 20 minutes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2021 3:50 PM in response to jdo_apple

I tried all the resource items mentioned above. The only solution was to take the phone to an Apple Store and get them to restore and update the phone using their computer (the PC didn't work - after several hours!). The phone only had iOS 12.3.x on it - so maybe an issue(?). Going to the Apple store is a big deal as it is a 5 hour round-trip drive.

There are two positives: the Apple support people spent several hours with me trying to get a solution (and finally recommended the Apple store), and the Apple store had me up and running in 20 minutes.

Sep 9, 2021 7:10 AM in response to Chedderville

Greetings Chedderville,

It sounds like you are getting an error code when trying to update or restore your iPhone. We know how important having a working iPhone is for you, and you’re in the right place to find a resolution.

Here's a resource and steps that can help:

If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Cheers!

Anybody dealt with error code 4010?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.