Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone dictation

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any interesting tips or tricks while using for using dictation on my iPhone.

I am currently using iOS 14 real latest build.

Cheers,

Phyrefox

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 12:46 PM

3 replies

Sep 9, 2021 9:26 AM in response to bailier

Thanks for the reply @bailier 😀

Unfortunately I’ve been through those documents and they have basically said the same things.

As an example, Dictate text on iPhone is fairly limited, tells people to refer to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208343, in the first place, then goes on to say that you can edit text.

You are then ushered into the editing text article which happens to have no information about any speech capability.

I’ve just found dictation underwhelming and was hoping it would be more intuitive and intelligent. I’m dating myself here but I Dragon Dictation 20+ years ago. Sure the accuracy has improved with the use of the cloud, but I can’t go back and replace a word that was misunderstood.

I appreciate your reply, it’s just iOS that is the issue.

Cheers,

Phyrefox

Sep 9, 2021 9:53 AM in response to Phyrefox

Thanks for getting back with us, Phyrefox. We understand if you wish to see iPhone Dictation to be a bit more robust. We welcome all thoughts, comments and suggestions, on your iPhone's Dictation feature or any other Apple products and services. Send us feedback on this here: Product Feedback.

In the meantime, if you have questions about using this feature or anything else, please get back with us and we can do everything possible to assist. Take care!

Sep 9, 2021 8:56 AM in response to Phyrefox

Hello Phyrefox,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We've reviewed your question and it looks like you want some tips on using iPhone Dictation. It's understandable that you'd want to utilize this helpful feature, so allow us to assist with that. Please start by taking a look here: Dictate text on iPhone.

The article that your question was linked from is very helpful when considering this issue, as well: Use Dictation on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If you have follow-up questions, please let us know. We're here for you. Have a fantastic day!

iPhone dictation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.