Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad wont turn on

ok my ipad wont turn on, when I plug it into the wall charger the apple logo appears then goes away, over and over, never chargeing (I dont thing because it wont fully power on) nor powering on. It just repeatedly does that. I followed the steps someone posted, held power amd hoke button when logo came on, it paused then continued until it finally stopped and said for me to connect to Itunes, however when I unplug it from the wall and connect to my computer it does nothing, not even the logo thing so therefore it wont connect to Itunes. i even repeated the steps after saying that once and it just simply goes back to the logo going off and on. So does anyone know how to fix this. It was working perfect until the battery died shutting it off, when I put it on charge as I had done many times before after the battery died shutting it off ansd this is what sterted happening. CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 8:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 3:43 AM

Your iPad is exhibiting symptoms of a failed battery - in that the battery cannot attain sufficient charge to successfully boot to a running state. When connected to your computer, your iPad may be unable to charge - as most computer USB ports cannot provide adequate power to reliably charge. Most iPad models require at least 2.4A @5V (12W), whilst many computers USB ports are limited to 0.5A @5V (2.5W) or 1.0A @5V (5W).

Start here >>> Charge and monitor the iPad battery - Apple Support

As described your battery may require replacement. You would be well advised to directly contact Apple Support.

You will find the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, if you have another device, you can open a support case using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your device, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

As a further alternative, you might be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - where the technicians will be able to test and assess you iPad:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2021 3:43 AM in response to LeslieGibson123

Your iPad is exhibiting symptoms of a failed battery - in that the battery cannot attain sufficient charge to successfully boot to a running state. When connected to your computer, your iPad may be unable to charge - as most computer USB ports cannot provide adequate power to reliably charge. Most iPad models require at least 2.4A @5V (12W), whilst many computers USB ports are limited to 0.5A @5V (2.5W) or 1.0A @5V (5W).

Start here >>> Charge and monitor the iPad battery - Apple Support

As described your battery may require replacement. You would be well advised to directly contact Apple Support.

You will find the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, if you have another device, you can open a support case using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your device, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

As a further alternative, you might be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - where the technicians will be able to test and assess you iPad:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Ipad wont turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.