Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hpPodtScripPDE is stopping my Mac from printing. How do I rid myself of that warning.

I am getting the warning the hpPotScriptPDE will damage my computer. This is stopping me from printing anything in any application.

What causing this, and how do get rid of the problem?

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 10:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 7:21 AM

Presumably this is because the wrong HP drivers are installed. Visit http://www.hp.com/support/

If the driver is not available for your operating system, you may need to ensure both the Mac and the printer are on the same closed WiFi network, and use the Option key when you click the + sign below the printers to add the printer in Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Printer. Verify with the printer settings on the printer what the IP address is for the printer if it does not appear.

Short of that, you'll want to see if a PPD exists for your printer for the Mac. The Laserwriter 8 drivers support many postscript printers from HP.

Not knowing your Mac OS version in Apple menu -> About This Mac, or your model number or make, we can't help you further.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2021 7:21 AM in response to tomschirman

Presumably this is because the wrong HP drivers are installed. Visit http://www.hp.com/support/

If the driver is not available for your operating system, you may need to ensure both the Mac and the printer are on the same closed WiFi network, and use the Option key when you click the + sign below the printers to add the printer in Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Printer. Verify with the printer settings on the printer what the IP address is for the printer if it does not appear.

Short of that, you'll want to see if a PPD exists for your printer for the Mac. The Laserwriter 8 drivers support many postscript printers from HP.

Not knowing your Mac OS version in Apple menu -> About This Mac, or your model number or make, we can't help you further.

hpPodtScripPDE is stopping my Mac from printing. How do I rid myself of that warning.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.