Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Playing Games On My iPad Break Or Harm It?

I have a 2020 iPad Pro I wanna know if playing games like Roblox, and some from Apple Arcade harm it? If yes then is there a way to prevent it?

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 1:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 1:33 AM

Games are simply Apps - and playing them will cause no harm to your device. Be aware that some Games place very high demands on both the CPU and GPU - and this may significantly reduce battery endurance between charges.

When operating the device with high CPU/GPU load for long periods, the device may become very warm - and in some cases may shut-down to protect the device from damage due to over-heating. If this occurs, just allow the device to cool down for a while and all will be okay. If the device is very warm, you’ll not be able to recharge until it has sufficiently cooled.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2021 1:33 AM in response to Okay_YTRBLX

Games are simply Apps - and playing them will cause no harm to your device. Be aware that some Games place very high demands on both the CPU and GPU - and this may significantly reduce battery endurance between charges.

When operating the device with high CPU/GPU load for long periods, the device may become very warm - and in some cases may shut-down to protect the device from damage due to over-heating. If this occurs, just allow the device to cool down for a while and all will be okay. If the device is very warm, you’ll not be able to recharge until it has sufficiently cooled.

Will Playing Games On My iPad Break Or Harm It?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.