Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

activation lock macbook air

Hi ,

I bought a new macbook air m1 and while setting up for first time , i entered my apple id(used on my ipad). During the setup the system hung up and I had to restart.

I had setup the password during the setup.

But after restart it was not taking my passowrd so I had to deactivate the mac .

But while trying to activate in the activation lock screen , it does not recognise my apple id and password.

I am able to login to icloud and appleid.apple.com using the same apple id and password.

What can I do about this . Please help.

I have raised an activation lock removal request at apple but I am not sure when they're going to come back on it and I have an exam coming soon for which i had bought the mac.

Please help .

Regards

Deepak

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 4:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 6:33 AM

Apple does not specify how long it takes for them to remove the lock. A few people who have posted about how long it took said a week or more. You can see if they have updated the information about this:

Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

1 reply

activation lock macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.