Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo File Size Disparity

The original size of the photos on my iPhone 12 Pro Max are large at 1.5mg +/-

I can send them as e-mails or messages from the phone at much smaller sizes.

However, when the photos are synced to my MacBook Pro they are at much smaller

size (300kb+/-

I assume this has something to do with I-Cloud?

But how do I get the original size photo from my phone to the Mac so I can use it at original size in artwork and layouts?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 9:23 AM

Are you just copying the photon Photos and paste it into a folder? Then you are saving the current preview of the photo and not the full resolution original. Try the following:

• Select the photos on Photos you want to save.
  • Use the command "File > Export > Export unmodified original" to save the original, full resolution version
  • Or use the command "File > Export > Export ... photos" to save the edited versions. When you export this way, be sure to set the size to "full size" and select a very high JPEG quality. To see the "Size" options you have to click the disclosure arrow to the right of "Photo Kind".

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2021 9:23 AM in response to nyctofl

Are you just copying the photon Photos and paste it into a folder? Then you are saving the current preview of the photo and not the full resolution original. Try the following:

• Select the photos on Photos you want to save.
  • Use the command "File > Export > Export unmodified original" to save the original, full resolution version
  • Or use the command "File > Export > Export ... photos" to save the edited versions. When you export this way, be sure to set the size to "full size" and select a very high JPEG quality. To see the "Size" options you have to click the disclosure arrow to the right of "Photo Kind".

Photo File Size Disparity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.