Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 27inch display problem

I can still see some of the images on my screen form my previous login. For example I can make out the mouse cursor and various frozen icons.

I have attempted to reboot it several times and the images do not go away.

I have also tried taking screen shots of the images however they are not shown. Perhaps this gives some indication of the problem?

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 12:32 PM

3 replies

Sep 9, 2021 12:40 PM in response to woodsmark

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

This indicates a hardware problem. If your Mac is not on this list: Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty - Apple Support, contact Apple here for repair options: Get Support.

If you Mac is on the vintage or obsolete list, parts are limited and may not be available, and you should consider a new Mac.

Jack

Sep 9, 2021 2:20 PM in response to woodsmark

What you describe sounds to me like "burn in". It was common back in the days of CRT monitors and was a big reason screen saver were invented. I didn't think this was still possible with the modern Mac.

But, for future reference, you might consider to enable your screensaver or allow the monitor to shut down after a short time, rather then leave any image on the screen for a long spell.

Yes, I know, that doesn't solve your problem, but I only had $0.02 to spare for now. 😉

iMac 27inch display problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.