Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7+ no audio in phone calls, except through a Bluetooth device

For the last few weeks, when I make or receive a call on my phone, I cannot hear the other person and they cannot hear me, unless I am connected to a bluetooth audio device (Apple Watch, headphones, car bluetooth). It is not a location / reception issue, because if I connect to the call from the same location on a bluetooth device it works.

I have tried all proposed solutions from turning on airplane mode, turning off blue tooth, automatic routing in accessibility, to resetting the phone.

My wife and I bought our phones, also 7+, at the same time, and she is experiencing the same difficulties despite having completely different apps and settings on her phone to those on my phone. We both have Apple Watches (v3).

There are multiple discussions on this issue, one with over 2000 registered users who say they have the same problem, and yet there appears to be no solution offered. I really hate the idea of Apple not looking after it's customers in an honourable way, but I do remember that Apple was caught shortening the battery life of older phones through a software update. Please, please Apple, let me, and the thousands of others experiencing this issue, downgrade to an older iOS, solve the issue with an update, or at least recognise this as an issue and provide clear advice - what to do with a phone that does not make calls.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 10:01 AM

Hey XofDyer.

We see that you're having issues with the audio during phone calls, and we'd like to help!

You did a great job going through all the recommended steps on your own.

For your next best step, we recommend that you get in touch with Apple Support team directly to look into the best solution. To get started, here's the link: Contact Apple for support and service

We hope everything works out!

Best regards.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2021 10:01 AM in response to XofDyer

Hey XofDyer.

We see that you're having issues with the audio during phone calls, and we'd like to help!

You did a great job going through all the recommended steps on your own.

For your next best step, we recommend that you get in touch with Apple Support team directly to look into the best solution. To get started, here's the link: Contact Apple for support and service

We hope everything works out!

Best regards.

iPhone 7+ no audio in phone calls, except through a Bluetooth device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.