Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro isn’t charging. It’s not a problem with the cable as it charges my friends Mac Pro fine. Any ideas what I can do to get this working again?

My MacBook Pro isn’t charging. It’s not a problem with the cable as it charges my friends Mac Pro fine. Any ideas what I can do to get this working again?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 6:38 PM

Since you did not provide any specific details such as the exact model of the computer all I can do is provide you with these two Apple articles which will cover troubleshooting tips for the Magsafe laptops and the USB-C laptops:

If your MagSafe power adapter isn't working - Apple Support

If your USB-C power adapter isn't charging your Mac notebook - Apple Support

You can also try unplugging the charger from the electrical outlet for a minute to reset the charger's internal circuitry.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2021 6:38 PM in response to Jasonibiza

Since you did not provide any specific details such as the exact model of the computer all I can do is provide you with these two Apple articles which will cover troubleshooting tips for the Magsafe laptops and the USB-C laptops:

If your MagSafe power adapter isn't working - Apple Support

If your USB-C power adapter isn't charging your Mac notebook - Apple Support

You can also try unplugging the charger from the electrical outlet for a minute to reset the charger's internal circuitry.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.