Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How To Sync Mail With MacBook Pro And iMacs

Having trouble syncing Mail accounts with my MacBook Pro that I just got with my two iMacs. The MacBook Pro's OS is 11.2.3 and the two iMacs are running 10.13.6. The two iMacs sync up just fine. All my accounts on all three computers are IMAP. Can get and send mail with no problems. Just can't sync the Laptop. Thanks for any help.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 2:21 PM

When it comes to syncing email accounts on multiple machines (i.e. - you delete a message in one place and it deletes everywhere else) then having IMAP mail (versus POP3) is definitely key.

Usually, if you have it working on multiple places but one is not behaving, it is a setting not set correctly on the one machine.

The OS you are running should not have anything to do with it, but the setting for your email accounts in your email client certainly would.

I would double-check you have the server names (ingoing and outgoing) and the account name and passwords set up correctly on the machine that is behaving badly. With any luck, you will find an error or a typo that is causing the problem.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2021 2:21 PM in response to SProton

When it comes to syncing email accounts on multiple machines (i.e. - you delete a message in one place and it deletes everywhere else) then having IMAP mail (versus POP3) is definitely key.

Usually, if you have it working on multiple places but one is not behaving, it is a setting not set correctly on the one machine.

The OS you are running should not have anything to do with it, but the setting for your email accounts in your email client certainly would.

I would double-check you have the server names (ingoing and outgoing) and the account name and passwords set up correctly on the machine that is behaving badly. With any luck, you will find an error or a typo that is causing the problem.

How To Sync Mail With MacBook Pro And iMacs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.