Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

synch mail between i-pad Pro and MacBook Air

"How do I synchronise mail between my i-pad pro and my MacBook Air?"

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 7:52 AM

That depends on the type of email account you have, IMAP or POP3. Only IMAP accounts can be synced to the server. POP3 accounts cannot.

For iMAP accounts simply adding the email account to both devices will have them in sync.

POP3, downloads messages to the device and removes them from the server so any device that comes in second to check for new email messages will not get them.

Contact your email provider to see if you can use IMAP email with them or if you are already using it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2022 7:52 AM in response to Polecat489

That depends on the type of email account you have, IMAP or POP3. Only IMAP accounts can be synced to the server. POP3 accounts cannot.

For iMAP accounts simply adding the email account to both devices will have them in sync.

POP3, downloads messages to the device and removes them from the server so any device that comes in second to check for new email messages will not get them.

Contact your email provider to see if you can use IMAP email with them or if you are already using it.

synch mail between i-pad Pro and MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.