Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why wont my ipad play rempy games anymore?

Why won’t my IPad play rempy games anymore?

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 7:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 9:10 PM

It’s clearly something apple did as it occurred after an update. They are removing the availability of non app games that are intricately designed for browsers. It seems as though it limits the call stack being that the message is maximum call stack size exceeded. This is also only an issue on iOS and iPadOS. Saying it’s on renpy is disingenuous. I get that renpy likely isn’t up to apple mobile division’s expectations for cyber security

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2021 9:10 PM in response to imobl

It’s clearly something apple did as it occurred after an update. They are removing the availability of non app games that are intricately designed for browsers. It seems as though it limits the call stack being that the message is maximum call stack size exceeded. This is also only an issue on iOS and iPadOS. Saying it’s on renpy is disingenuous. I get that renpy likely isn’t up to apple mobile division’s expectations for cyber security

Sep 11, 2021 4:00 PM in response to Pinkerpong

To whoever reads this stuff,

This response is useless to me, as my issue was not about app, but any game that uses the Ren’py visual novel software. So, it seems that a couple of updates ago, Apple and Ren’py had some kind of agreement that allowed the two of you to work together, and now you don’t. I am hoping Apple can figure out a new deal with Ren’py, so that I can play my favorite games on my favorite platform (iPad)

Thanx, Jonathan Pinkerton

Sep 11, 2021 4:01 PM in response to Pinkerpong

To whoever reads this stuff,

This response is useless to me, as my issue was not about app, but any game that uses the Ren’py visual novel software. So, it seems that a couple of updates ago, Apple and Ren’py had some kind of agreement that allowed the two of you to work together, and now you don’t. I am hoping Apple can figure out a new deal with Ren’py, so that I can play my favorite games on my favorite platform (iPad)

Thanx, Jonathan Pinkerton

why wont my ipad play rempy games anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.