Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airpods won’t reset

one of my airpods stopped showing up, so i tried to reset them but they won’t reset, and the right airpod still won’t show up

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 10:02 PM

2 replies

Sep 15, 2021 11:29 PM in response to louishansen

AirPods can sometimes tend not to show up on your iPhone due to some connectivity issues.

If you've already tried resetting them, here's what I suggest you do.

Go to Settings ➤ Bluetooth ➤ Tap i besides your AirPods name ➤ Forget the Device.

This will remove your AirPods from your iCloud account. ➥Now open the lid of your AirPods case, press and hold the button at the back of the case so that white color flashes in the indicator, and bring it close to your iPhone. ➥Now connect it with your iPhone. Hopefully, this should fix the issue. 

Apart from this, make sure your AirPods is also updated to the latest firmware. The update happens automatically in the background. In order, To update your AirPods firmware, make sure that your iPhone shows the AirPods connected under Bluetooth. Then, plugin your AirPods to charge and leave it for around half an hour or so. AirPods should automatically update the firmware. The latest firmware for the AirPods 2 and AirPods Pro is 3E751.

If none of the above steps fixes the problem, try contacting Apple Support, as the hardware must have degraded then.

airpods won’t reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.