Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad

Recently bought a used iPad from someone and it has an Activation Lock on it requiring the previous owners email and password, or the passcode previously used to unlock the iPad. I am not able to reach the previous owners so is there a way I can get past the Activation Lock?

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 10:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 10:57 PM

Amberwarskow Said:

"Ipad: Recently bought a used iPad from someone and it has an Activation Lock on it requiring the previous owners email and password, or the passcode previously used to unlock the iPad. I am not able to reach the previous owners so is there a way I can get past the Activation Lock?"

-------

Request a Refund:

Seems you've been scammed, though a full assumption on my part. So, ask this person for a refund. This is the site they should have used: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Learn form This:

Next time you go about purchasing a device from someone, request that they let you log into your own iCloud account on it, prior to handing over the money. If they decide to disabled by those sules you've set forth, then do not proceed with the transaction.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2021 10:57 PM in response to Amberwarskow

Amberwarskow Said:

"Ipad: Recently bought a used iPad from someone and it has an Activation Lock on it requiring the previous owners email and password, or the passcode previously used to unlock the iPad. I am not able to reach the previous owners so is there a way I can get past the Activation Lock?"

-------

Request a Refund:

Seems you've been scammed, though a full assumption on my part. So, ask this person for a refund. This is the site they should have used: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Learn form This:

Next time you go about purchasing a device from someone, request that they let you log into your own iCloud account on it, prior to handing over the money. If they decide to disabled by those sules you've set forth, then do not proceed with the transaction.

Sep 10, 2021 2:36 AM in response to Amberwarskow

Unfortunately, unless you are able to independently seek assistance of the original owner, the iPad is useless to you and anyone else.

Here are the Apple support pages that outline the Activation Lock - and the only mechanisms by which it can be turned off:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Turn off Activation Lock – Apple Support

As you will discover, unless you are the owner of the AppleID that was last used to activate the device, you’ll not be able to defeat or bypass the Activation Lock. With documentary evidence that you are the original owner (such as sales receipt showing the serial number), Apple may be prepared to assist - otherwise they and nobody here will be able to help you.

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.