Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flagging email doesn't work in Big Sur / MacMail. Tried message menu and side bar. No response

Just purchased a new MAcBookPro a with Big Sur and it seems the Flagging ability in MacMail is disabled. Use this feature all the time in my work and it has been disruptive and stressful. I tried the message menu option as well and the sidebar option. What shall I do ? Thank you.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 7:43 AM

Disabled in what way ??

While in Apple Mail with the Default View and Default Tool Bar >> Top Right Corner of Mail Application is normally a Flag Icon of various colours. Click on the specific email message and then on the Flag Icon and choose the desired colour

5 replies

Sep 11, 2021 1:41 AM in response to Sueyogapoet

In Apple Mail >> View and is " Use Column View " enabled ?? Then you are correct the Flag will not appear natively in the viewing style.

Stay in your view Mode and Right Click around the " Subject " Header Column and a sub-menu should appear. Choose Flags and the flaked messages Column should appear.

Now, what emails you have flagged should be visible

Flagging email doesn't work in Big Sur / MacMail. Tried message menu and side bar. No response

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.