Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes in Big Sur

iMac M1, Big Sur 11.5.2

I finally figured out how to see iTunes in Music by choosing it in preferences but how do I search for a specific song or artist? I can't find a search option. Apparently Apple is trying to force me to subscribe to Apple Music. I would rather purchase individual songs or albums. How do I do so if not in iTunes?

iMac 24″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 11:01 AM

LKB,

It's a bit more confusing than it used to be, but you can still buy and download individual songs or albums. Follow the steps in here carefully:

Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Also, if you go into Music > Preferences, > Restrictions and check the box for "Disable -- Apple Music" it will bug you less about subscribing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2021 11:01 AM in response to elkaybe50

LKB,

It's a bit more confusing than it used to be, but you can still buy and download individual songs or albums. Follow the steps in here carefully:

Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Also, if you go into Music > Preferences, > Restrictions and check the box for "Disable -- Apple Music" it will bug you less about subscribing.

iTunes in Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.