Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When updating iPhone 12, what does error code 4000 mean?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 4:27 PM

Im just saying it will certainly help and Apple suggests doing this in the troubleshooting document: iOS update and restore errors. Otherwise restart everything, the phone, computer. I don’t use a computer to update my phone. I do it over the air from iPhone settings but of course it’s always wise to have an iCloud back up. That way if anything gets lost you can retrieve it or restore from back up: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iCloud - Apple Support. Keep the iCloud back up turned on all the time or choose back up now. Settings- Apple ID- iCloud Backup. Then update your phone from Settings- General - Update

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2021 4:27 PM in response to 6x6

Im just saying it will certainly help and Apple suggests doing this in the troubleshooting document: iOS update and restore errors. Otherwise restart everything, the phone, computer. I don’t use a computer to update my phone. I do it over the air from iPhone settings but of course it’s always wise to have an iCloud back up. That way if anything gets lost you can retrieve it or restore from back up: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iCloud - Apple Support. Keep the iCloud back up turned on all the time or choose back up now. Settings- Apple ID- iCloud Backup. Then update your phone from Settings- General - Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.