Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad messages only send via iCloud email

My ipad will only send messages from icloud email. When I go to messages and send/receive my phone number is not an option to select, only iCloud email

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 11:35 PM

Ensure that your iPad Air and your iPhone are signed on to the same Apple ID.

Ensure that your iPad Air is signed in to Messages by opening Settings ➔ Messages ➔ iMessages: Ensure that this is set to ON.

Ensure that your iPhone has Text Message Forwarding set up by opening Settings ➔ Messages ➔ Text Message Forwarding : Ensure that this is set to ON next to the name of your iPad Air.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2021 11:35 PM in response to sabes52

Ensure that your iPad Air and your iPhone are signed on to the same Apple ID.

Ensure that your iPad Air is signed in to Messages by opening Settings ➔ Messages ➔ iMessages: Ensure that this is set to ON.

Ensure that your iPhone has Text Message Forwarding set up by opening Settings ➔ Messages ➔ Text Message Forwarding : Ensure that this is set to ON next to the name of your iPad Air.

Axel F.

iPad messages only send via iCloud email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.