Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign out of my old apple id on macbook air OSX El Captain 10.11.6

My old email is completely disabled and inaccessible. I changed it to new one on my iphone successfully. Now, I can't log out of the old apple id on my mac, so the problem is similar to:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7830558

However, because my old email is disabled I can't reset my current apple id back to the old one either because it sends a confirmation email to it. How should I fix it then?

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 9:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 1:28 PM

Do a backup, preferable 2 separate ones on 2 drives. Boot to the Recovery Volume (command - R on a restart or hold down the option/alt key during a restart and select Recovery Volume). Run Disk Utility/First Aid. Reformat the drive using Disk Utility/Erase Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then click the Option button and select GUID. Quit Disk Utility, then re-install the OS.

Reinstall from macOS Recovery

OS X Recovery

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2021 1:28 PM in response to nlsvtn

Do a backup, preferable 2 separate ones on 2 drives. Boot to the Recovery Volume (command - R on a restart or hold down the option/alt key during a restart and select Recovery Volume). Run Disk Utility/First Aid. Reformat the drive using Disk Utility/Erase Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then click the Option button and select GUID. Quit Disk Utility, then re-install the OS.

Reinstall from macOS Recovery

OS X Recovery

Can't sign out of my old apple id on macbook air OSX El Captain 10.11.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.