You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the new 2022 Honda Civic Touring charging pad incompatible with IPhone 12 ?

I have an iPhone 12 Pro and my wife has an iPhone 12 mini. Neither will charge on my brand new 2022 civic touring wireless pad charger built into the car. I don’t under why this is. Especially given that the car is equipped with wireless CarPlay and meant to be used in this fashion.

the phone charger comes on and chargers for 3-10 seconds then blinks orange / green and stops charging. repeated power cycling of pad or phone do not rectify the issue. My iPhone is UpToDate on

We tried an older iPhone 11 of a friend and it worked just fine. I suspect it’s an issue with MagSafe phones.

Please discuss this oversight with Honda and please come up with a solution. The phone is Qi certified… I suspect the issue is on the side of what Honda put in the car.

The charger likely will need to be replaced.

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 6:13 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 12, 2021 7:15 AM in response to Hanz Blatt

Hello Hanz Blatt.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see that you are having wireless charging issues with your new car. We will be glad to assist. Great troubleshooting on your part thus far. We would recommend reaching out to Honda to confirm that the charger works with iPhone 12 models. Once confirmed, Contact Apple for support and service for additional support options.

How to wirelessly charge your iPhone

Cheers.

Sep 12, 2021 7:54 AM in response to bailier

Honda is aware of the issue but does not seem to have a solution. They said “no forth coming solution” when I contacted support. Please escalate to have both companies discuss with each other. I see Volvo had a similar issue with MagSafe, and on their website under April updates they were able to use a software / firmware update push to rectify the issue. Please advise the appropriate team to communicate with Honda on the matter and look into Volvo’s solution. See attached link under “April” updates. Hopefully that will help Apple and Honda rectify the issue. Thanks!

https://www.volvocars.com/en-ca/support/software-release-notes/xc40-recharge-pure-electric/2020w37

Is the new 2022 Honda Civic Touring charging pad incompatible with IPhone 12 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.