Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have lots of iCloud storage but my iPad is showing that photos are taking a lot of my gigabytes

I have lots of iCloud storage but my iPad is showing that photos are taking a lot of my gigabytes

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 12:44 PM

6 replies

Sep 11, 2021 12:47 PM in response to Nancyann58

Hi, have you turned on optimise iPad storage. this way, your iPad will store smaller versions of your photos, and your iCloud will have full resolution HD photos/ videos stored which can be accessed anytime.

check if this setting Is enabled:

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos.
  2. Turn on iCloud Photos.
  3. Select Optimize iPhone Storage to save space on your devi

Sep 11, 2021 2:32 PM in response to Nancyann58

iCloud storage does not increase your device storage. It simply allows you to access your files from any device. The files are still on your device. If you delete them there, they will be deleted everywhere. You would need to move them to an external drive and then delete them from your device to gain back some storage space on your device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.