Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don’t Rember email and Apple ID associated with an old iPad I just had repaired how can I reset it. Most likely my son changed the info without me knowing it was awhile ago

Need help resetting an old iPad can’t remember any of the info or my son changed it

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 3:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 3:55 PM

Have run into the Activation Lock whereby you are asked to enter the Apple ID and Password of the original user (you or your son in this example)? This is a security measure to deter theft and unauthorized use of someone else's device. You have forgotten that information so there is nothing that you can do, by yourself, to reset it.

Do you have the proof of purchase with you? If you do then you can contact ➔ Apple Support and see whether they can help.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2021 3:55 PM in response to Debbie-33

Have run into the Activation Lock whereby you are asked to enter the Apple ID and Password of the original user (you or your son in this example)? This is a security measure to deter theft and unauthorized use of someone else's device. You have forgotten that information so there is nothing that you can do, by yourself, to reset it.

Do you have the proof of purchase with you? If you do then you can contact ➔ Apple Support and see whether they can help.

Axel F.

I don’t Rember email and Apple ID associated with an old iPad I just had repaired how can I reset it. Most likely my son changed the info without me knowing it was awhile ago

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.